Miss-Build-A-LotPutting in an offer before Auction
20 August 2009
Thanks very much for your responses! After much careful consideration, we have decided not pursure this property as it is a little bit too much risk for us at this point…
OzmanCollusion among the Banks to provide low valuations
23 August 2009
berny - The biggest challenge for newly developed areas in Sydney is that there is little or no sales data for valuers to use. As such, they compare to adjacent areas…
aLLaNNa1Conditional Pre-approvals - have you been honoured?
25 August 2009
Im going to apply for pre-approval soon. I think its valid for 3 months only. If I dont manage to purchase a property within this time frame, can I apply for pre-approval…
ibfragalot99Land contract - Subject to Finance clause - What $ to put?
26 August 2009
Yep, unconditional for the land now and conditional for the house. You were right, the land guys got back to me and its fine. Yay
thloLand & Construction Settlement at the same time + FHOG
1 September 2009
Thank you thlo I just phoned Revenue SA and they have advised me that it is approved, but the bank I am going through hasn't put in the…
thloHow does someone being a guarantor work
3 September 2009
You can find more information about home loan guarantors in these threads viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16965&start=0&hilit=guarantor
aLLaNNa1Time limit for borrowing the loan amount
5 September 2009
can someone please help me....im thinking of selling my house to my brother, at below market value. House value is about $390k. My payout figure for this mortgage is…
jbdaveQuestion about constructing on land owned by a third party
9 September 2009
Interesting. I'm no expert, but a lawyer would have to be contacted in order to facilitate this arrangement. The one issue that stands out for me is that the banks will…
thloAdvice needed - LMI in pre-approval but not Loan Agreement
10 September 2009
HoffiesMortgage Protection Insurance Vs Income Protection Insurance
13 September 2009
We have income protection/trauma/death/partial or permenent disability insurance and I think it's great. Our financial advisor set this up…
craigandamyFinal Loan Approval Declined - Can they do this?
3 October 2009
We had a similar situation at the start of the year with our bank and since then things have got alot tougher. Essentially unless you have been given your loan documents…
singlemum2daughtersanyone with homestart/home loan centre?
6 October 2009
michael sa; sorry to hear about the rough move what happened. pm if you prefer. you wouldnt happen to be just across the road from woolies well it would be to your slight…
elasticHow to save thousands on your mortgage
12 October 2009
I agree with Glen Glen, If you think that your PPOR may become a investment property down the track, it is alot better to use the IO/Offset account combination as it…
No repayment changes during construction???
Hello Everyone, Anz handle their construction lending a little different to other institutions. As during the construction period the lending is Interest Only they have a…
Does Bank require building permits before full appproval?
Hello Everyone, In my experience as a lender and broker I have found that formal approval can be obtained without having full permit approvals. Plans and specs are a…
Consolidating debts into a Home Loan - Possible??
Hey Everyone, GlenGlen is correct. There are a few lenders that will do the Family Equity scenario and assist through using your parents property as a guarantee (provided…
Trent DavidsonWhat if titling is delayed for the FHOG
19 October 2009
Hello, The two posts above are correct. If you can get some confirmation from your builder etc that there is a delay and a brief outline of the reasons. In this case…
Trent DavidsonHELP! Finance Query re Deposit for Build of 2nd Home & Land
19 October 2009
GlenGlen. Cba does have break costs and compared to other lenders $700 for the DEF isnt that large of a cost. The broker in this case is probably looking at the exposure…