View unanswered posts | View active topics
By accessing “Home Renovation & Building Forum” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Home Renovation & Building Forum”, “http://forum.homeone.com.au”, "Forum", "Homeone Forum"), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Home Renovation & Building Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Home Renovation & Building Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Home Renovation & Building Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Home Renovation & Building Forum” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Home Renovation & Building Forum” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Membership Name - Rules
- Business names are not to be used as forum membership names, except where permission by Administrators or Moderators has been granted.
- Avoid uppercase membership names (such as NEWMEMBER) or excessive use of special characters (such as $$NEW_MEMBER$$) as such accounts may be deleted including associated posts.
- Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to delete accounts whereby their usernames contain abusive, vulgar, defamatory, and sexually-orientated terms.
- Be respectful of other members at all times. Flaming or abusing (incl. bullying, belittling or humiliating) other members in any way is not acceptable. Any post deemed disrespectful or defamatory of another member or party will be removed, and the poster will be at risk of being banned.
- Be respectful of Moderators and Administrators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping the Homeone Forum a happy place.
- Duplicate posting is not allowed.
- Spamming is not permitted.
- Advertising within posts is not allowed by non-advertisers of Homeone Australia & New Zealand without the approval by Administrators or Moderators.
- Each individual is allowed only one (1) membership account only. Multiple memberships are strictly forbidden and may result in the deletion of all of the user's membership accounts and associated posts.
- Hyperlinks to a member's own, or, affiliated business is strictly prohibited within posts, and may result in an immediate ban without warning.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you do not infringe on someone elses copyright. If you're posting third-party content at http://forum.homeone.com.au, you need to ensure you own or control the rights to the respective content and / or it is acknowledged appropriately. You agree to bear any and all costs associated with arising damages, including legal and court fees.
- Posting Rules apply to Personal Messages (PM's). Please see Posting Rules for more information.
- Business found to be spamming via PM will have their accounts cancelled.
- Unsolicited commercial PM's by any forum member is also prohibited, and the respective member will have his / her account deleted immediately without warning.
- Members may provide 5 lines of information. Each line may contain a link to a personal website, or personal blog within the boundaries of acceptable content but must NOT; contain business information whatsoever, point to a commercial site nor contain phone numbers, email addresses, or any other contact information.
- Members representing a business are prohibited from providing any commercial information within a signature if they have less than 50 posts.
- Members representing a business with 50 or more posts, may only use two lines of information; providing only a business name - on the first line - and a link to a commercial site - on the second line. Taglines / slogans are not accepted.
- Paid advertisers may include an additional three (3) lines of information only upon, and not before, approval by either a Moderator or Administrator.
NOTE: All members are prohibited from providing duplicate links in their signature.
Posting Images & Avatars - Rules
- Members are prohibited from uploading any images that are abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Home Renovation & Building Forum” is hosted or International Law.
- By uploading an image, you certify that you have the legal right, consent, or license to distribute that image for the entire period the image is published at the Homeone Forum, otherwise, you agree it is your responsibility to promptly remove the respective images and that you bear any and all costs associated with arising damages, including legal and court fees.
We do not and will not disclose any personal member information except where a court order is provided.
Members who do not adhere to these rules do so at the risk of being banned with or without warning.